- Organization: IFAD – International Fund for Agricultural Development
- Location: Rome (Italy)
- Grade: International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement – Consultancy
- Occupational Groups:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2019-09-06
Click “SAVE JOB” to save lots of this job description for later.
Sign up at no cost in order to truly save this working job for later.
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is a global standard bank and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It will so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to transformation that is rural. IFAD’s headquarters is within Rome, Italy, but operates in more than 90 countries.
The Independent Office of Evaluation (IOE) of IFAD promotes accountability and learning through independent evaluations of IFAD’s work. In accordance with IFAD’s 2011 Evaluation Policy, IOE reports directly to your IFAD Executive Board.
Underneath the overall strategic, policy and management guidance associated with Director, IOE, in addition to day to day supervision of responsible IOE staff (lead evaluation specialist, senior evaluation officer or evaluation officer), the junior consultants will play a role in the conduct of IOE evaluations, including project level evaluations and higher-level evaluations (e.g. country strategy and programme evaluation, evaluation synthesis reports, corporate level evaluations).
The duration for the assignments may differ from a single to half a year in line with the needs.
Specific tasks can include the following:
- Collect, codify and analyse documentary data and prepare written inputs for the approach paper of evaluations;
- Prepare desk review notes on specific country context, themes or projects;
- Play a role in organizing quantitative and data that are qualitative;
- Support the organization of evaluation missions, and participate, as needed, in evaluation missions and selected field work to help with logistics and coordination, as well as the data collection process;
- Analyze quantitative and data that are qualitative appropriate software applications;
- Prepare written inputs as may e.g be required. draft working papers on selected themes and evaluation criteria or contributions to your evaluation report that is main
- Archive all documentation and analysis related to the evaluation in the IOE Sharepoint environment (xDesk).
- Understanding of contemporary quantitative and evaluation that is qualitative and practices, preferably in the area of evaluation of agriculture and rural development interventions.
- Field experience related to agricultural and development that is rural desirable.
- Communication skills: write clearly, succinctly and convincingly, listen and communicate to interact others.
- Computer skills: full command of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and common Internet applications. Mastery of statistical analysis software is a bonus.
- Advanced university degree (at least Master’s equivalent) in economics, agriculture, development studies, finance, management, public policy, social sciences or related studies.
- At the very least two (2) years of responsible expertise in international development cooperation with give attention to evaluation, research, agriculture and development that is rural natural resources management
- Knowledge on natural resource management, sustainable agriculture, climate change and related issues, including how they impact rural development and poverty reduction, an asset.
- Demonstrated experience writing academic / analytical papers;
- Demonstrated experience in finding data and information through web-based sources;
- Knowledge of the U.N. system and the international agriculture and rural development community.
The job relationships for the senior consultants are mainly for information-gathering and exchange to get studies and thematic assignments which will essay writer need to adhere to IFAD procedures and standards such as identifying sources that are reliable.
- Full command, both written and communication that is verbal in English;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French or Spanish are a valuable asset.
It should be noted that consultants are not staff of IFAD, and that this consultancy does not carry any expectation of employment aided by the Fund. Remuneration shall be based on the standards set for UN consultants.
In the interest of creating most cost use that is effective of and resources, we are only in a position to respond to applicants that are short-listed for interview. Applicants that do not get any feedback within three months should think about their application unsuccessful.